Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

 Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
  • Reading Level: Young Adult 
  • Paperback: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Simon Pulse
  • ISBN-10: 0689817851
  • ISBN-13: 978-0689817854
  • Received From: I bought it.

   From Goodreads:
This groundbreaking classic is more compelling than ever for today's readers. A sensation when it was first published and a perennial bestseller ever since, this real-life diary charts an anonymous teenage girl's struggle with the seductive--and often fatal--world of drugs.

My Thoughts:
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this book. I thought that I would like more than I did because my friend, who has similar book tastes as me, recommended it. Overall I am basically 'meh' about the book. I didn't particularly care for the MC of the book because she was so flaky, and it really got on my nerves. I didn't get anything literary from this book but it did reinforce my ABSOLUTELY NO drugs policy!!!

This is a banned/challenged book and I have no idea why. Yes, it is a little 'woah!' when it comes to the drugs, but if one person wants to start taking drugs after reading this book then there is something wrong with them. The descriptions of what happened when the MC accidentally took acid freaked me the heck out!!! So honestly you think the parents would want their children to read this book to scare them AWAY from drugs!!

***WARNING!: I would not recommend this book for anyone under 18. I'm 20 and one part of this book was a little bit too much for me and I had to quickly skim/skip that section so that I wouldn't get sick to my stomach!!

Overall, I'm still 'meh' about this book. I'm not going crazy for it nor am I absolutely hating it, but it was definitely interesting to say the least. So I am giving it 3 Quills!

 <3 Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment