Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review: The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher

The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
  • Reading Level: Young Adult 
  • Paperback: 240 pages
  • Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
  • ISBN-10: 1402243693
  • ISBN-13: 978-1402243691
  • Received From: I bought it.

   From Goodreads:
Vera and her brother, Will, live in the shadow of the Great Panic, in a country that has collapsed from environmental catastrophe. Water is hoarded by governments, rivers are dammed, and clouds are sucked from the sky. But then Vera befriends Kai, who seems to have limitless access to fresh water. When Kai suddenly disappears, Vera and Will set off on a dangerous journey in search of him-pursued by pirates, a paramilitary group, and greedy corporations. Timely and eerily familiar, acclaimed author Cameron Stracher makes a stunning YA debut that's impossible to forget. 

My Thoughts:
I had really high expectations for this and unfortunately I was let down. I did not connect with the characters at all! They didn't really seem to have personalities at all. The only think I know about Vera is that she likes Kai. Why she likes Kai, I have no idea. Their "love" just came out of nowhere. The only character that I really felt like I knew who they were was, Ulysses the pirate, and I really liked his character! The author of this book spent so much of the story telling us how the world came to be that it was a information overload!!

I loved the plot idea for the book, it has so much potential but it just fell short. I'm not sure if this book is a part of a series or not, but if the sequel came out then I would definitely buy it because I still think that it can be redeemed. Also the cover of this book is absolutely phenomenal! Overall, I give this book 3.5 Quills!


<3 Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment