Sunday, January 22, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith

  • Reading Level: Young Adult 
  • Paperback: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Poppy 
  • ISBN-10:   0316122386
  • ISBN-13:   978-0316122382
  • Received From: I bought it.

From Goodreads:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A. 

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


My Thoughts:
If I saw this book in a book store and just read the title I probably wouldn't have picked it up because I hate "love at first sight". The only reason why I gave this book a chance is because I heard a lot of great things about it, and decided to give it a chance.  This book takes place over the course of 24 hours, but the love story does not feel like insta-love. It feels real and genuine, and there's no doubting that Oliver and Hadley are great together!


I read this book in two days and I enjoyed it very much but it's not all cute, light material; there is some heavy stuff in this book. Oliver and Hadley each have something they have to come to terms with; some of it you know, some of it you find out during the story. 


This book gives you a little bit of everything: love, heartache, sadness, joy, anger, and acceptance. I would recommend it to everyone because it is so much more than a contemporary love story. The growth that Hadley and Oliver go through is what makes this book great. This book has quickly jumped into my favorite contemporary books. So I give this book 5 Quills and I highly suggest that you pick it up and read it.


<3 Shannon

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently reading this one and I really like it so far !! Thanks for the great review ;)

    ReplyDelete