Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (11)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

From Goodreads:
After seventeen-year-old Felicita’s dearest friend Ilven kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege.

 She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. 

Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with it.


One of the main reasons that I want to read this book is because it it a high fantasy, and I love love love high fantasy books!! It sounds like it's going to be a pretty good read and I'm really glad that I am also getting this book as a part of the Debut Author Challenge ARC tour! I can't wait to read it. This book comes out on February 28th, 2012!  

<3 Shannon

3 comments:

  1. I have had my eye on this one. The cover has a mysterious quality.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like high fantasy, too. This looks like a very interesting book - and what a cover! Yikes!! Thx for sharing!
    My Wow: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete