Thursday, August 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (2) and Follow Friday

Q. How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

A. My dad started reading to my sister and I at a very young age, so in elementary school I was reading all the time. The library was my favorite place at the school. The first major book series that I read was in the 3rd grade and I read Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingles Wilder and I quickly followed that with Harry Potter by JK Rowling. In middle school I started to slack off on my reading because the library didn't have a very big selection of books so I just re-read the Redwall Series by Brian Jacques and HP over and over again. During high school my reading picked back up big time, the library was AMAZING and the librarian was AMAZING as well!! She was probably on the main reasons that I got back into reading. She was always up to talk about books and recommended a ton of new books for me to read.
In high school the main book genre that I was reading was YA contemporary with a little bit of fantasy and paranormal mixed in. Now I love high-fantasy and dystopian! If any book has a world that I can totally immerse myself in then I am going to love it! My British Lit professor also got me into read the classics as well.
I'm so excited to start reading some more classic literature (I have a list that is like 2 pages long)! I've also broadened my range of books that I will read, the only books that I will not read are horror/books because I can psych myself out really easily.


The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event hosted by Crazy For Books in which a question is asked and an answer is given! This week's question/topic is:
“Let’s talk crazy book titles! Highlight one or two (or as many as you like!) titles in your personal collection that have the most interesting titles!" 
My Answer: 

Brisingr by: Christopher Paolini

I would have to say that Brisingr would win the craziest book title that I own. Especially since it's a word that the author came up with!







So yeah, those are my answers for this week and I changed my blog name because I like this one better and it's closer to my original name as well. If you want to know what I'm talking about then click here.
<3 Shannon

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Inheritance Cycle series, but I have to agree - Brisingr is probably one of the craziest titles out there!!

    http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice.
    Here's my HOP for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked this series...I gave up halfway through Eragon...but the names are pretty cool.
    New follower. Enjoy life.
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think made up words take the cake one this one!

    My Book Blogger Hop: http://thecheapreader.wordpress.com/2011/08/11/book-blogger-hop-812-815/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, I can't read horror books very easily. I have to sleep with the lights on afterwards. :) Check out my FF over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    New follower!
    Courtney
    Oh, and don't forget to stop by and enter in my giveaway! It ends tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping by to visit and follow! That's wonderful that your reading tastes have broadened over time--it's always good to have more potentially great reads to choose from. And "Brisingr" is extremely hard to say out loud--I'm reading that book to my younger brother right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower here! Happy Friday! Glad to hear you like high fantasy as well! I haven't found many bloggers who do (or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, haha).

    My #FF: http://skyink.net/?p=2635

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Inheritance Cycle series. Can't wait to read the last one. My dad is also the reason that I am such an avid reader today.
    I'm a new follower :)
    Check mine out when you get the chance:
    http://thenovelstudent.blogspot.com/2011/08/feature-and-follow-fridays-81211.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. New Follower! Great Blog. I also was big into the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. Friday Post!

    ReplyDelete