Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (3)

This is a great weekly event where everyone can keep track of the books finished last week & the books planning to read this week!

This Week I Read:
This last week I managed to finish reading Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison. So my reading pace has picked up a bit but it's still not up to what it normal is. My friend finally told us a for sure date to when he is moving and that is the 19th. Now you may think that would make my reading pace go back to it's normal pace but I have my doubts because school starts back for me on the 17th and I also need to find a job relatively soon as well. However, I still have faith that I will be able to schedule reading time around: school, a job, daily exercise (I run/swim), and household responsibilities (my parents are making me commute this semester since I transferred schools), as well as a club or two that I join on campus *fingers crossed* that I'm able to do it. I'm probably not going to be posting my review for this book until about late September/early October since it come out on the 11th. It's not a particularly good review but if you can get it for free then I would so that you can form you own opinion of the book because it was a really easy read, though really frustrating.

This coming week I plan to read:


I'm definitely going to finish reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and maybe get part of the way through Misfit by Jon Skovron. I threw in Dark Territory by J. Gabriel Gates and Charlene Keel as an optimistic addition to my reading week. 

So those are my goals for this week hopefully I can finish The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and start on Misfit by Jon Skovron but it's going to take some serious work since I have a dinner with my other friend's family (they are basically mine and my friend, who is moving, second family), my birthday party (I turned 20 on the 6th), my friend who is moving going away party, and helping my friend (the one who's family I'm eating dinner with) move into her dorm.

***ATTENTION: A FANTASTIC GIVEAWAY! My Overstuffed Bookshelf is giving away a gently used Kindle 2 for her second blogoversary!!! Go enter by clicking here!!!***

<3 Shannon

2 comments:

  1. This summer, I've walked furiously every day. I start back to work today but I plan (hope!) to keep walking....If you can do all that you do, I should be able to add a little walk in every day, right?!

    Here's my It's Monday post for this week: It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
    And don't forget to stop in and sign up to win in the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Saturday! I hope you’re having an awesome weekend!

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete