Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

From Goodreads:
Not so very long ago, Eragon Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider, was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.
Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.
The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?
This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.
I'm really excited to read this book when it comes out on November 8th, 2011! I really love this series and it's one of the books that got me to start actively looking for high-fantasy YA books. This is the fourth and final book in the series.
<3 Shannon

7 comments:

  1. Oooh I loved Eragon! I haven't read any of the other books in the series though. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Eragon, but my brother sure can't wait for this one! Great pick, Shannon!
    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you're participating in WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love high-fantasy books, when they are done well! I haven't read anything in this series yet, but I've heard that they are pretty amazing! I will have to check them out on Goodreads :)

    You can see my WoW for this week at the link below, would love if you stopped by-- happy reading!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my Dad to read all the other books recently, and now we're both so excited to get this one! I've been waiting for the wending for SO LONG. Great pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the first book in this series so that I could go to the film with my little brother, but I never followed up with the rest of them. Hope you enjoy it! Good WoW pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm only on the 2nd book!! here's my WOW post w/2012 books! hope you'll stop by and let me know what you are looking forward to reading from my list! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete